Skip to content
This is My Mesa is a subprogram of iMesa (imesa.mesaaz.gov).

While iMesa is a grassroots citizen driven effort to develop transformative community projects that will "Build a Better Mesa," this program gives everyone the opportunity to learn the history of Mesa, see how it has progressed over the years, and share ideas on what they want their Mesa to be 30 years from now in 2040.

This is My Mesa ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3 results found

1. More shade provided by pole mounted PV systems such as at Red Mountain library.

Use ASU as an example...they even cover some of the mall walkways with photovoltaic panels that provide clean electricity as well as shade. We need all the shade we can get to help mitigate the urban heat island effect. More projects like at the Mesa Red Mountain library where PV panels provide clean electricity as well as shade.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Citywide  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A place my wife feels comfortable getting around without a car

We live 1.5 miles away from three grocery stores, a Target, Home Depot, multiple coffee shops, and a couple restaurants, among other commercial locations. My wife is still terrified of walking or riding her bike to any of these places because Power Road is so wide and the traffic on all the streets around drive so fast. Motorists fail to stop at stop signs and consistently stop INSIDE the crosswalks (if they even do stop... typically they roll through if they're turning) at stop lights. We need to re-design the streets so the lanes aren't the same width as freeway…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Citywide  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make all city street landscaping (food forest) both edible and sustainable by capturing rainwater.

A "food forest" is a combination of edible landscaping form plants available to the public, free. By using city/street landscaping islands for this, rain water can be captured and diverted, the plants provide both shade and food, water use is minimized and the whole city becomes foot traffic friendly and cleaner air. Tucson is doing this now -- http://www.upworthy.com/can-somebody-just-give-this-guy-a-million-bucks-already?g=2

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Citywide  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?