Skip to content
This is My Mesa is a subprogram of iMesa (imesa.mesaaz.gov).

While iMesa is a grassroots citizen driven effort to develop transformative community projects that will "Build a Better Mesa," this program gives everyone the opportunity to learn the history of Mesa, see how it has progressed over the years, and share ideas on what they want their Mesa to be 30 years from now in 2040.

This is My Mesa ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

18 results found

1. Get more excellent restaurants for Downtown Mesa

Let's work together to recruit restaurant owners to open locations in Downtown Mesa: dtmesa.org

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. More shade provided by pole mounted PV systems such as at Red Mountain library.

Use ASU as an example...they even cover some of the mall walkways with photovoltaic panels that provide clean electricity as well as shade. We need all the shade we can get to help mitigate the urban heat island effect. More projects like at the Mesa Red Mountain library where PV panels provide clean electricity as well as shade.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Citywide  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Remove those unsightly, unoccupied buildings at the corner of Alma School and Southern.

That area has been occupied and deteriorating for many, many years. Calls to City Council and representatives have been in vain. That area is dragging the Fiesta Area down. The buildings need to come down and redevelopment of apartments and/or medical, education erected. Ask any resident of this area and they will tell you the same. Why does this developer get away with holding on to a deteriorating eyesore?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Private and/or public sponsorship of "Mezona Days" a dance competition/workshop series of performance events for dance groups.

Mesa was once the destination for the best dances in the state. I can see groups coming from all over the world to participate in competitions that showcase talent and participate in workshops for any and all kinds of dance groups. We have the facilities and the beautiful weather to make this a really big draw.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A Complete City

I could not get the General Plan Summary to load, so I read some parts of the full document, so I may have missed something. I can't find anything negative to say about it! But I urge Mesa to immediately stop approving any development plans that would not conform with the ideas of the Plan. No more strip malls set away from the street with fast-food "pads" along the street. No logo buildings. No apartment complexes with surface parking; all parking should be underground or under the units and the whole thing should look like a neighborhood indistinguishable from its…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General Plan  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Continue to build light rail to power rd down to gateway airport, L Education corridor

Build a L shaped Education Corridor from West Mesa downtown to Power rd to Gateway Airport. Lined up schools, Condos and high density marketplace, corporations along this corridor faster and sustainable adoption of mass transportation such as light rail. This way corporate employees, tourists and student can take light rail all thru Mesa and land at the airport.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Core Research and Development for Technology , Space programs and Scientific Health innovation

I would like to see Mesa pursue federal level grants and citywide tax incentives for Scientific Healthcare research, Space programs and Technology innvoation. Get a UN WHO presence in Mesa as West Hub for R&D and let citizens in this field find Cure not acute treatment.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. resposible, they burned all my wiring/appliances in my house,they did not pay a dime my ins. did marty hunter told me we dont care about you

be responsible/they burned all my wiring/appliances to my house last year and admitted fault but refused to pay for any damages they caused. Marty Hunter said not to call him any more because the city does not care about me & my family. my ins. paid for most of the damages. We are still out 1000`s. I tried contacting Scott Smith but refused to talk or see us. We were in A motel for 54 days. the city needs to be responsible.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General Plan  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make Mesa's downtown truly walkable

• Sidewalks should connect and be more relatives to parks than to streets
    • Walking should be fundamental: most trips should be possible by walking
    • the design of streets should consider walking and biking as the primary mode of travel of residents, before transit and then cars.
    16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A place my wife feels comfortable getting around without a car

We live 1.5 miles away from three grocery stores, a Target, Home Depot, multiple coffee shops, and a couple restaurants, among other commercial locations. My wife is still terrified of walking or riding her bike to any of these places because Power Road is so wide and the traffic on all the streets around drive so fast. Motorists fail to stop at stop signs and consistently stop INSIDE the crosswalks (if they even do stop... typically they roll through if they're turning) at stop lights. We need to re-design the streets so the lanes aren't the same width as freeway…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Citywide  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make all city street landscaping (food forest) both edible and sustainable by capturing rainwater.

A "food forest" is a combination of edible landscaping form plants available to the public, free. By using city/street landscaping islands for this, rain water can be captured and diverted, the plants provide both shade and food, water use is minimized and the whole city becomes foot traffic friendly and cleaner air. Tucson is doing this now -- http://www.upworthy.com/can-somebody-just-give-this-guy-a-million-bucks-already?g=2

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Citywide  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make cars slow to cross sidewalks, instead of pedestrians slow to cross streets

Retain the grade of sidewalks, making each sidewalk become a defacto speed hump in the station areas to encourage walking in our downtown core.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Light Rail to Gilbert Rd by 2016-17

Utilize existing project expertise to extend Light Rail construction to Gilbert Rd. Combine MAG-State-Fed funds w/city bonds to secure capital resource. Current Light Rail success demonstrate Mesa businesses and residences are sure to benefit by adding the 2-mile extension now, avoiding another construction disruption.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like to see a consistant look of what has been built on Power and McDowell. Which is based on the Las Sendas area.

This area continues to be a breathtaking view and has the richness of North Scottsdale without the price of a 700K house. The area of Power and McDowell represent what needs to continue as development continues over the next 40 years

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. a people-friendly city

I want to see Mesa preserve and maintain existing neighborhoods, become more pedestrian friendly and less auto-oriented. I want to see Downtown developed into a true mixed-use urban downtown with lots of exciting things happening. I want to see other mixed-use villages around the city where people can live and shop without needing to drive.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?